Canon Model IIS2
Your camera would appear to be a Model IIS2. It has the following distinguishing features:
- No Model Name on Camera
- Top Shutter Speed 1/500th
- Has Slow Speed Dial
- Has one piece View Selector Lever
- Has Side Rail
- Hi and Low Speeds split at 1/30th
- Has a Slow Speed Dial Lock,
- Has “X” Position between 15 and 30
Dates: February 1955 thru July 1956
Ser. Nos.: 170000 – 227000
The IIS2 is simply an improved version of the IIS. Another way to say it is that the IIS2 is a IVSB2 with a top shutter speed of 1/500th second.
The changes over the IIS were internal and the cameras look identical externally. However, improvements had been made to the shutter and optics in the rangefinder.